Top 10 Cross Browser Testing Tools In 2022 (Latest Ranking)
List of the latest and best Cross Browser Testing Tools for your website Browser Compatibility Testing on different browsers and Operating Systems:
Cross Browser Testing can be the biggest pain for any Software Tester. But thanks to all the cross-browser testing tools available online to help in minimizing the testing efforts.
This post focuses mainly on Software Testers and Designers for knowing various methods for browser testing.
There are many free and paid browser test tools available in the market. You need to select the browser compatibility test tool depending on your needs.
If cross-browser testing is a critical part of your web project then you must allocate some considerable time, resources and budget for testing your website on different web browsers.
Cross-browser Testing Checklist:
What we need to test under browser testing:
#1) CSS validation
#2) HTML or XHTML validation
#4) Ajax and JQeury functionality
#5) Font size validation
#6) Page layout in different resolutions
#7) All images and alignment
#8) Header and footer sections
#9) Page content alignment to the center, LHS or RHS.
#10) Page styles
#11) Date formats
#12) Special characters with HTML character encoding.
#13) Page zoom-in and zoom-out functionality.
Obviously, you will have to repeat these tests on:
#14) Different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac.
#15) Different browsers (with different versions) like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
The premium browser testing tools can be a good option for projects having browser-dependent functionality. But for most projects, free tools are sufficient to verify cross-browser functionality.
Top Cross Browser Testing Tools For 2022
Given below is a list of all cross-browser compatibility testing tools available online for testing websites on multiple browsers.
Automate browser testing process for browser compatibility checks on different configurations and operating systems.
- TestComplete is a UI functional test automation tool that you can use to create and run tests on any web application.
- Run tests in parallel across 2000+ real environments – without any setup or configuration.
- Get real-time access to the latest devices, resolutions, browsers, and operating systems in TestComplete’s device cloud.
Test Your Website on a combination of 2000+ Browsers & OS.
LambdaTest is a cloud-based cross-browser testing platform that helps you perform compatibility testing on your web app or websites easily. You can run automated Selenium scripts on LambdaTest’s scalable cloud grid, or can even perform live interactive testing on real browser environments.
- Run Selenium automation tests on a scalable Selenium grid having 2000+ browser environments.
- Execute automated screenshots and responsive testing of your website.
- Test your locally or privately hosted website using SSH Tunnel.
- One click bug logging into your favorite bug tracking tools like Asana, BitBucket, GitHub, JIRA, Microsoft VSTS, Slack, Trello, etc.
- 24*7 Chat support
Test your website on 2050+ real desktop and mobile browsers.
Interactively test and debug on live remote devices, view your website on multiple browsers at once by taking automated, or run automated using Selenium, Appium, or your other favorite frameworks. Agile teams can test faster with parallel testing and integrations with CI tools like Jenkins.
- CrossBrowserTesting will allow you to run single or parallel screenshots and regression tests.
- Through its intuitive REST API, you will get access to almost the entire app.
- It provides you full access to developer tools and extensions such as FireBug and Chrome Dev Tools.
- Your team will be able to scale the automation speed with Selenium and Appium cloud testing.
QA Wolf is the new kid on the block and is a true modern testing tool for the entire team.
Without much name recognition yet, QA Wolf is a hidden gem gaining quick adoption with over 2,700 GitHub stars at the time of this writing. This testing tool prioritizes ease-of-use as its main differentiator and makes end-to-end test creation fast, simple, and powerful enough for everyone on your team to get involved.
- Create tests right from the browser – no installation or setup required. Getting started is super quick and painless. Just sign up for a free account, enter the URL you want to test, and start browsing your test paths.
- Re-run the selected code. Don’t worry about re-running an entire test when you only need to fix a line or two of code. QA Wolf lets you re-run only the code you select for quick troubleshooting.
- Run tests on Vercel/Netlify deployments or on a schedule with one click. Create tests and have them run automatically whenever you want.
- Run 100% of tests in parallel. Receive test results in minutes regardless of the number of tests you’re running.
- Get Slack & email alerts. Keep the entire team aware of the test results sent right to your inbox or company Slack channel.
- Understand failures with videos and logs. Understand and reproduce failures quickly with a video, logs, and the exact line of code the test failed on.
- Re-run and fix tests directly from the browser. Don’t run the code locally or wait for another CI build. QA Wolf lets you fix and maintain tests right in the browser.
- Collaborate with your team in real-time by sharing a link. Working with team members is quick and easy. Just invite them to your dashboard and start collaborating.
Katalon Studio is the most popular Selenium and Appium alternative for cross-browser testing by 850,000 testers and developers trust.
Also offering scalable web, API, mobile, and desktop testing, some of the key features of Katalon Studio are:
- Compatible with the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
- Headless browser execution support on Chrome and Firefox for faster feedback on performance-critical runs.
- Flexible tests migration from Selenium (Grid, Webdriver & IDE), Postman, and SoapUI.
- Minimal test maintenance with page-object model pattern.
- Self-healing mechanism to handle UI and code changes.
- Built-in integration with CI/CD (Jenkins, Azure Devops, CircleCI, Bamboo, TeamCity & Travis CI).
- Scale executions with cloud devices from Kobiton, Perfecto, SauceLabs, LambdaTest, and BrowserStack integrations.
- Advanced graphs to visualize essential metrics and real-time notifications after each execution (Slack, Git & Microsoft Teams).