This Top 10 U.S. Property & Casualty Insurance Companies directory is based on research data from rating agency A.M. Best.
Listing the top property and casualty insurance companies in the United States, this directory provides a simple way to analyse the top P&C insurance companies in the U.S.
The property and casualty insurance groups featured are ranked by net premiums written in 2022. You can sort the table by any of the headings and search it to analyse individual insurance companies.
P/C insurance company name
2022 Net premiums written (US $ 000)
% change from previous year
|1||State Farm Group||65,100,455||-0.6|
|2||Berkshire Hathaway Ins||53,754,763||7.9|
|3||Progressive Ins Group||37,578,689||15.2|
|4||Allstate Ins Group||34,036,467||5.4|
|5||Liberty Mutual Ins Cos||32,268,379||1.4|
|8||Chubb INA Group||18,249,079||-6.7|
|10||American Intl Group (AIG)||14,826,888||1.5|
- Insurance companies are important players in the global financial economy, although they may not be as flashy as investment banks or hedge funds.
- Insurance companies come in many sizes and specialize in different policy lines, from health to life to property & casualty.
- Market capitalization, or market cap, is the value of a company’s outstanding shares.
- Some insurance companies are mutually owned, in which the policyholders are the owners.
- When ranking insurance companies, it’s important to categorize them according to their product line.